CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

- Living Life -

Life is not a race - but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say "thank you", "I love you", and "great job" to someone each day. Go to church, take time for prayer. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Love your life and what you've been given, it is not accidental - search for your purpose and do it as best as you can. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to be. Laugh often. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Do not worry, less wrinkles are more becoming. Forgive, it frees the soul. Take time for yourself - plan for longevity. Recognize the special people you've been blessed to know. Live for today, enjoy the moment.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

.:: 09.13 ::.

.:: ReMeMbEr WhEn ::.
It is a somber sight. Flowing in the winds are 3,000 American flags, one for each person the died eight years ago on September 11th. At first its a bit overwhelming as you look on, there are rows and rows of flags that look as tho they never end. To think that many people died that very day due to terrorism is something I cant even fathom. Wives became widows, some children became parent less, friends & families were lost, properties were damaged...so much happened that day that didn't need to! We will never forget the lives that were lost and the people that sacrificed their lives! I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN!! And Im so thankful for this country and our freedom!!

Every year I try and go to the Healing Fields to get a visual reminder of all we lost that day and just remember. This year I was excited to experience the memorial with Talon & Tatum.








































.: GrEeK fEsTiVaL :.

Another thing I try to do every year is go to the Greek Festival! Last year we didn't make it so this year there was no exceptions, no excuses, nothing...I was adamant about attending! Originally the plan was to hit the Greek Festival, stay there for an hour or two and then head over to the State Fair until it closed. Unfortunately that's not what happened. Since we had a late start and I forgot the address to the Greek Festival, we arrived late (it wouldn't be us if we hadn't). I drove around for an hour downtown lookin for the darn thing! And I know I passed it a few times!! urghhh! Never again will I have trouble gettin there, just fyi its located on 300 s 300 w! After gettin to our destination we only had a little over a half hour to wander and play! The atmosphere was similar to a fair, but much smaller. There they had rides, jump houses, food, performances, booths..etc. Talon went on the rides and of course the jump houses! Unfortunately since we showed up the last day of the 3 day event they ran out of all the pastries and yummy goodies...bak lava being one of them...the night before! I was seriously so bummed! Soon enough 8:00 rolled around and the festival was closing! So then we headed off to the State Fair! Once again I didn't have the address, but I had an idea of where it was. After driving up and down every street downtown, turning around every now and then for a good half hour I decided to call it quits. I debated on whether or not we should even go cuz at this point it was already dark and the fair was located in Rose Park, and it was just Talon and I. I informed Talon we would not be goin to the fair tonight since mom wasn't able to locate it. He wept and wept. While driving home and listening to Talon cry and sadly say he wanted to go to the fair I got a brilliant idea.....McDonalds playland!!!!
















.: Mcdonals :.
Usually I'm not the one to take my kids to these because of the fact they are not sanitary! To think of all those germs that live in those things! eww! No thanks! But I gave in! Talon and I shared ice cream and he played. At first Talon was shy around the other kids that were there, but after awhile he warmed up to them ( as usual ).









To get to the slide there was a barrier you had to climb over. The height of it was a little above Talons waist, amazingly enough he still managed to somewhat get over it. Every now and then the kid in the grey ( pictured above with Talon ) would pick him up around the waist and place him on the other side! Below is a picture of it! It was seriously so funny to watch!































































No comments:

Post a Comment